Wednesday 30 October 2013

New Reference



I found some new videos of the interior of Radagast's house.  There is very sparse reference for what the environment is in the movie.  All I really have is a few seconds of footage.  On this new video I realised the ceiling is a lot lower than I had previously thought, so I went back and played around with it.

It took me a while to decide on a height, as the taller the room, the more mysterious feeling it has.  By this I mean if I have a flythough and in it you can't see the full ceiling you can only hazard a guess what might be up there, it makes you use your imagination.  On the other hand if the ceiling is lower, then it has a more cosy and compact feeling, which is what Radagast's house is kind of like.  I didn't want to have an extreme of either, I didn't want problems with getting my camera around if the environment was too compact, and I didn't want it too spaced out and not engaging.  So I went in between the two, this means I will have to mess around a little more with the position of the rafters but I would rather have realised this mistake now than further down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment