Wednesday 30 October 2013

Research


My supervisor for this project told me to create a breakdown of the assets.  So have a sketch or image of the asset with textures, reference and a description.  I did this with three assets and stopped as I realised just how time consuming it was, I spent the entire day on three and I have seventy eight odd assets in my scene.  It was not a time efficient way of breaking my scene down.

So what I did was split my scene into textures, woods, metals, glass, fabrics, stone, plaster and plants.  This way I can get a general idea of what textures I am going for.  I also found when looking at textures that I will have to go take some pictures of my own, so doing this made it so I was able to move on with my work without getting too bogged down with the details too early on.


I will of course break down each asset as I am making them, here's a quick example at what I have been looking at doing;
Sketch/photo of the asset
Textures
Reference
Movie/Concept book reference
Description

This is by no means how I will present it, this is just messing with layouts.  Until I have decided on font and a theme I will just use plain text, black and white lines and backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment